Monday, June 2, 2008

go

This awesome guy I know, Jeff Cash or J-Money, made this video to further illustrate our Call… to GO! It fits beautifully as a theme for me this summer. I’m off to be Christ’s ambassador to all I cross paths with; even if “its your next door neighbor Jack”.



I've been thinking and praying a lot about the people we'll meet. God puts people in our lives for a reason, and I've been meditating on how to be receptive and amenable. Then a lightbulb went off one night: This is how I have been hearing God... through people. Through their pain, smiles, stories, laughter, and hearing bits and pieces about their lives. I've experienced this at South Wilmington Men's Shelter, church, and at home. What God wants me to hear is often said by people I'd least expect it from.

Tied with the theme of 'Go' is, I feel, a sense of urgency. We don't know what tomorrow will hold. My goal was this summer was to not sit back and watch, but take action in what I belive is a just cause. This being teaching about sustainability, peace, and God's word in Costa Rica, and sharing hope and loving on the Jamaicans.

Like J$ says,
"People need hope, and when Jesus spoke, he said go, go, go...."

No comments: