Wednesday, June 11, 2008

... as yourself

The time is almost here! Soon, (on the 14th), I’ll be heading to the unfamiliar Island of Jamaica where hard work with construction, white beaches, and God’s people (with awesome accents, mon) await. But what have I discovered about myself during the time leading up to this trip? Have I been still enough to hear God; to retain a concept from Him that I'm supposed to carry with me to Jamaica? The message that seems to keep streaming in is to:
1) place my cares and worries in the hands of God
2) be comfortable with myself, and to be myself
“So be content with yourself, God’s strong hand is on you: he’ll promote you at the right time. Live carefree before God; for he cares for you.” – 1 Peter 5:6

The most malleable of things don’t wear a hard covering, nor carry any extra baggage or weight. I’m learning to trust more and accept that God loves, no matter what. God wants to love all that you are, spirit, body, and mind. Likewise, we are to do the same. The medium by which we love and worship God varies, but for me, it’s through service.


The verse, “Love your neighbor as yourself” takes on new meaning with me. Be true when you love. Don’t pretend or hide behind a façade of things you busy yourself with. Be yourself. Love purely…

SparkNote version:(Be open, trusting, be grateful, be yourself, place worries on Christ, accept love, accept yourself)

No comments: