Friday, June 11, 2010

getting ready!

On Sunday I'll be heading to Winston-Salem for our team orientation meeting at the Amani Headquarters. There, I will be able to meet everyone I will be working/living/traveling/eating/doing everything with for the next month or so. I'm so stoked! I can't wait to meet everyone and find out who they are and why they want to come to Kenya and what's their backgrounds and such. I love meeting people and this will make our plane rides a little more easy going since we will all have already met.

At orientation we'll discuss Kenyan culture, tendencies, weather, transportation information, the cities we'll be visiting, safety precautions, a little Swahili, and other basic info. We will also receive a detailed itinerary of the trip (which I will do my best to post online)

We'll team bond for a bit then return Monday to say last goodbyes and pack last minute things then we'll take off Tuesday!

I'm not worried about anything particular, however I do wonder about the food situation. As a gluten-intolerant Vegetarian the Kenyan menu might be a little limited. So I think it might be rice and beans for me for a month; cheap is good too!

Today, Mama Memory and I ran around grabbing snacks, donation items, and I checked out my video camera so I'm ready to go :)

i guess i should probably pack soon....

No comments: