Saturday, July 10, 2010

done with shooting!

7/8 So I went to film and interview Dr. Jane Stephens today. It went really well. I filmed at the Amani offices and got great B footage of necklaces and bags and scarves. I asked her how Amani got started, how New Life Homes and Amani are connected, how someone can get involved with Amani/NLH, and to explain how the shop and bead shows play a roll in all of this.

I then got lunch with Paige!!! She took me to a wonderful gluten free pizza restaurant http://sticksandstonesclayoven.com/home.htm which was very yummy.



I think im about done with footage!


7/9
We had our first bead show! At the Imperial Embasy hotel in Durham, there was a huge Nigerian Health conference, and we got to set up a table. We laid out tons of scarves and necklaces, I even brought a few pictures of the kids to display as well. We sold a few things. Paige and I managed the booth. I got an interview of her describing how bead shows are a nice way to raise support for NLHs and to get the word out.

I gotta start throwing this footage together soon!

^ Kazuri

No comments: